UV Nails Extensions Compact
UV Nails Compact kit uses specially formulated UV gel that reacts with UV light to create very strong, natural looking gel nails extensions while allowing the natural nail to grow freely underneath.
UV Nails Compact enables you to create a stronger bond than many other methods, and lets the new extended gel nail function as one. This is the key to a long lasting nail extension. Other methods result in a thicker construction, which look false and do not give the smooth, high gloss, natural finish of UV Nails.
The high gloss finish also prolongs the life of nail polish and reduces the likelihood of chipping. You can also use UV nail gel to strengthen the natural nail and give a ridge free finish. The UV Gel Nails Compact kit comes complete with everything you need to get started straight away, including a DVD on how to do gel nails. With the correct maintenance and aftercare procedures, Rio UV Gel Nails can last up to 3 months.
- Natural looking nail extensions
- Allow the natural nail to grow underneath
- Everything needed to create professional nails
- Can be used on both hands and feet
- Can last for up to 3 months
- Step-by-Step DVD included on how to create gel nails at home
How to Use:
UV Nails Extensions contains everything you need to carry out the following salon-style treatments at home:
- Preparing the nails
- Applying extension tips
- Blending in the seam
- Applying UV gel
- UV Nail curing
- Removing nail extensions
- Aftercare and advice
Please click PDF Instructions below to read about the above treatments in more detail.
- Toenails - simply swivel the lamp!
Precautions - UV appliances are not to be used by persons:
- With open cuts on or around the cuticles or fungal nail infections.
- Under the age of 18 years.
- With sunburn or skin that burns easily when exposed to the sun.
- Suffering from or previously suffering from skin cancer.
- Having a first-degree relative with a history of melanoma.
- Having a disease that involves photosensitivity or receiving photosensitising medication (increasing sensitivity to ultraviolet radiation). If in doubt, take medical advise.
- Not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- If itching, an allergic reaction or skin reddening occurs within 48 hours of treatment, further exposure should cease until medical advice is sought.
- Glue: Take care when using the nail glue as it bonds skin in seconds. Avoid contact of nail glue with the skin and fabric or clothes, in some cases, this may cause burning. If fingers or other skin surfaces become stuck together, use a gentle rolling motion to try to separate them. If this does not work, try using alittle acetone solution on the area. In case of contact with eyes, flush with water .Seek medical attention should irritation persist. Do NOT breathe vapours.
- Acetone: Acetone solution is included with this product. This is a highly flammable solution, do not use near fire or flame. May damage fabrics and polished or painted surfaces if spilt.
- UV nails compact lamp
- 4 x AA batteries
- Box of 100 nail extension tips
- Finishing wipe
- 1 x nail glue
- Application brush
- Nail grit file
- Sanding block
- Hoof stick
- Nail clipper
Customer reviews of this product
this is my first uv nail kit and i am impressed. easy to use and look great. my only quibble is tha- read more
glue just wouldnt stick nails so went and bought some more and the lamp just would not set the gel e- read more
the lamp just didnt do whay it was suppose to do after changing the batteries twice to branded one's- read more
I now have excellent, natural looking nails at a fraction of the cost! What I used to pay fortnightl- read more
Overall, the kit is good, especially when you take the price into consideration.
What tips should I follow for successful UV nail extension application?
If your nails have very pronounced ‘c’ curves you may find it difficult to cure the sides of your nails. Try rolling your fingers from side to side when under the lamp to expose all surfaces of your nail to the UV light and cure for 4 minutes.
Remember, once the finishing wipe has touched a nail you cannot apply more gel without first buffing to take shine off of the surface. Gel will not stick to glossy hard gel, only tacky gel or non-shiny gel!
If you find the surface of your gel is pitted, this is often a symptom of under curing. Apply another layer of gel and cure for 4 minutes.
Do not use a polish remover that contains acetone - this will melt your nail tips and dull the gel surface.
What after care advice should I follow?
Do not allow water to become trapped under the nail and always dry your nails thoroughly after washing. Trapped water can lead to water mould, which requires medical treatment.
Do not use detergents, such as washing powders or washing-up liquid, or bleach without wearing rubber gloves, these will damage your extensions.
If the gel area lifts, file the lifted area and follow the infill procedure. Do not pick off.
Use a clear base coat under dark or strongly coloured nail polish to avoid staining your nails.