UV Nails Extensions uses a specially formulated UV gel that reacts with UV light to create very strong, natural looking gel nail extensions while allowing the natural nail to grow freely underneath, using the special UV curing lamp. The UV gel and UV nail lamp can also be used without extension tips to create a strong, protective layer on the natural nail - promoting longer, stronger nails which don't split or peel.
The UV Nails Extensions kit comes complete with everything you need to achieve salon nail extensions at home, including a 15W UV lamp for gel nails. With the correct maintenance and aftercare procedures, UV gel nails can last up to 3 months.
- New improved 15W UV lamp for nails extensions
- Natural looking nail extensions
- Allows the natural nail to grow underneath
- Everything needed to create professional nails
- Step-by-Step DVD included
- Mains operated
How to Use:
UV Nails Extensions contains everything you need to carry out the following salon-style treatments at home:
- Preparing the nails
- Applying extension tips
- Blending in the seam
- Applying UV gel
- UV Nail curing
- Removing nail extensions
- Aftercare and advice
Please click PDF Instructions below to read about the above treatments in more detail.
Precautions - UV appliances are not to be used by persons:
- With open cuts on or around the cuticles or fungal nail infections.
- Under the age of 18 years.
- With sunburn or skin that burns easily when exposed to the sun.
- Suffering from or previously suffering from skin cancer.
- Having a first-degree relative with a history of melanoma.
- Having a disease that involves photosensitivity or receiving photosensitising medication (increasing sensitivity to ultraviolet radiation). If in doubt, takemedical advise.
- Not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mentalcapabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have beengiven supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by aperson responsible for their safety.
- If itching, an allergic reaction or skin reddening occurs within 48 hours oftreatment, further exposure should cease until medical advice is sought.
- Glue: Take care when using the nail glue as it bonds skin in seconds. Avoidcontact of nail glue with the skin and fabric or clothes, in some cases, this maycause burning. If fingers or other skin surfaces become stuck together, use agentle rolling motion to try to separate them. If this does not work, try using alittle acetone solution on the area. In case of contact with eyes, flush with water.Seek medical attention should irritation persist. Do NOT breathe vapours.
- Acetone: Acetone solution is included with this product. This is a highly flammable solution, do not use near fire or flame. May damage fabrics andpolished or painted surfaces if spilt.
- 15w UV lamp unit
- 15ml clear UV gel
- 100 regular nail tips
- 2 x nail glue
- 100ml acetone solution
- 100ml finishing wipe
- Cuticle oil
- Nail primer
- Nail clippers
- 3 Stage buffing files
- Grit file
- Sanding block
- Application brush
- Cuticle pusher
- Step by step dvd & instructions
What tips should I follow for successful UV nail extension application? Remember the most common cause of gel nails lifting is poor nail preparation. Try to meticulously remove all residual cuticle cells from the nail plate before proceeding to the next stage and do not touch the nail plate after the preparation stage to prevent contamination with skin oils. If you accidently touch the plate, wipe over again with finishing wipe to remove any oils you may have transferred.
UV rays are invisible, these are not the lilac light you can see, so even if your lamp appears dim this will not affect the performance. UV bulbs take about a minute to reach to full strength so turn on at least one minute before use.
If your nails have very pronounced ‘c’ curves you may find it difficult to cure the sides of your nails. Try rolling your fingers from side to side when under the lamp to expose all surfaces of your nail to the UV light and cure for 4 minutes.
Remember, once the finishing wipe has touched a nail you cannot apply more gel without first buffing to take shine off of the surface. Gel will not stick to glossy hard gel, only tacky gel or non-shiny gel!
If you find the surface of your gel is pitted, this is often a symptom of under curing. Apply another layer of gel and cure for 4 minutes.
Do not use a polish remover that contains acetone - this will melt your nail tips and dull the gel surface.
What after care advice should I follow? Do not use a polish remover that contains acetone - this will melt your nail tips and dull the gel surface.
To maintain your gel nail extensions, file the gel seams and around the free-edge regularly between in fills. Apply a little cuticle oil to the nails nightly, rubbing into the cuticle. Apply hand moisturiser at least once a day.
Do not allow water to become trapped under the nail and always dry your nails thoroughly after washing. Trapped water can lead to water mould, which requires medical treatment.
Do not use detergents, such as washing powders or washing-up liquid, or bleach without wearing rubber gloves, these will damage your extensions.
If the gel area lifts, file the lifted area and follow the infill procedure. Do not pick off.
Use a clear base coat under dark or strongly coloured nail polish to avoid staining your nails.
Can I apply UV gel to my natural nail? Yes the UV gel and lamp can also be used without extension tips to create a strong, protective layer on the natural nail - promoting longer, stronger nails which don't split or peel.
Can I buy a replacement bulb for this lamp? Unfortunately no, the bulb in this model of UV lamp is not replaceable. However if you are experiencing a problem with your lamp please contact our Customer Care team who can advise further.
How long will the nails last? UV nails are very strong and are designed to remain on the nail for up to three months as the natural nail grows underneath. If a proper routine of filing and infilling is maintained there is no reason to remove the nails as they will simply grow out with the nail, ultimately being trimmed off as you shape the nail tip.
How often will I need to do infills? As the natural nail grows it is necessary for you to in-fill as a gap will appear between the cuticle and the seam. The gel may also begin to lift. This is usually required about two weeks after your first application and every 2-3 weeks thereafter
Can I create a French Manicure finish? Yes you would simply need to use the Pink UV Gel and White nail tips. Our UV Nails Extensions French Manicure can be purchased as a starter kit.
Can I use another brand of UV gel? We recommend that you only use Rio UV Gel. The reason for this is that it has been tested with our UV lamp, we would be unable to advise how an alternative gel may react when curing with our lamp, it could potentially cause 'heat spikes' which would cause discomfort and possible nail damage.
The gel isn’t curing? It is important to understand the curing process, the surface of UV gel will always remain tacky as the UV gel cures (hardens) from underneath. After applying and curing your first layer of gel the surface will be tacky, this is normal, simply apply and cure your 2nd layer of gel over this. Again the surface of the 2nd layer will be tacky and this is normal. Apply and cure the 3rd layer of gel over this, then gently wipe over the surface of the nail with some Finishing Wipe applied to a lint free wipe to remove the tacky surface, revealing the hardened gel underneath.
I can’t feel any heat coming from the lamp, is this normal? Yes the UV lamp does not use heat to cure (dry) the UV gel. It is the UV rays emitted from the bulb that will cure the gel.
|We currently only ship to the UK and Europe|
|UK Delivery Rates|
|under £30.00 - 2nd Class Royal Mail ....................................|
|under £30.00 - Courier Delivery ............................................|
|over £30.00 - Courier Delivery...............................................|
|over £50.00 - Courier Delivery..............................................|
|European Delivery Rates
|charges vary from country to country|
|Please call Customer Care on 01242 702345 for details|